Nylon hardware is manufactured using a variety of plastics. For example, Acetal may be used to bolster durability while minimizing water absorption. Polyvinyl chloride or PVC is used to enhance the hardware’s ability to resist the elements. Polypropylene, on the other hand, helps increase both durability and strength. Type of manufacturing processes for nylon can be machining, fabrication and molding.
These types of nylon fastener are often used in electronics, telecommunications, computers and automotive systems.
*Available in inch and metric sizes.
Benefits of Nylon:
- High amount of insulation and resistance to corrosion.
- Nylon is lighter, stronger and offers high wear resistance.
- Nylon is ideal for the production of fire-resistant items since it melts NOT burn.
Types of components made with nylon are:
- Threaded components
Types of Nylon:
- Acetal enhances durability and minimizes water absorption
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) helps nylon resist natural elements such as rain and sunlight
- Polycarbonate enables nylon fasteners to withstand heat and electricity
- Polypropylene amplifies the positive effects other materials have on nylon