Most plastics are chemical resistant, corrosion resistant, strong, heat resistant, non-conductive, impervious to UV light and many are food grade compliant.
Plastic fasteners can have special functions, in addition to being available in standard shapes. Integral color, special undercuts, and molded-in metal inserts are a few of the possibilities. Assembly can be simplified when a single plastic fastener replaces several metal components.
*Available in inch and metric sizes.
COMMON TYPES OF PLASTICS:
- PP (polypropylene)- Chemical Resistant, elasticity, toughness, fatigue resistant, resistance to electricity.
- HDPE (High Density Polyethylene)- Cost-effective, withstand high temps, UV-resistant, resistant to most chemicals.
- LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)- Does not absorb moisture, good impact and resistant to most chemicals
- ABS- strong resistance to corrosive chemicals and physical impact. Easy to machine, NOT typically used in high heat applications.
- Phenolic- strong, durable, resistant to most chemicals, flame retardant and cost effective
- Nylon- does not burn, resistance to corrosion, high amount of insulation, lighter, stronger and offers high wear resistance.
- Nylon 6/6- Abrasion resistance, ductility, heat resistance, higher melting point and higher tensile strength.
PLASTIC COMPONENTS INCLUDE:
- Binding Posts
INDUSTRIES FOR PLASTIC COMPONENTS INCLUDE: